Hi, I’m Cassie Johns the founder and creative director of Cassie Beauty Spot. I love what I do, and do what I love. This has been the driving force behind my career and has led me to 21 years of professional experience in the beauty and hair industry throughout Australia and overseas.
I specialise in Cosmetic Tattooing with more than 3 years of professional experience, and am highly qualified in the creative field of make-up artistry. Combine this with my love for creating the latest looks in hair styling, it is no wonder I get excited about receiving your phone call or chatting with a bride-to-be. My work is fulfilling and rewarding in so many ways, and is a continuing journey of learning, sharing and creativity.
My need to share has opened up many doors, of which the last ten years I have assumed the roll of an educator and trainer in the make-up and hair styling industry. I find this is great fun and feel an incredible sense of personal achievement every time I witness the joy on each of the 3000 graduating faces of the students I've taught.
There are many facets to my work, from personal clients to commercial and editorial jobs, education and learning. My commitment to stay current with up-to-date skills has lead me to work for some great companies.
- As a face designer for Giorgio Armani on their Emporio Armani fashion shows throughout the United Kingdom and in store at Harvey Nichols (London’s leading fashion store).
- It was quite an exotic experience being on location in Fiji as the Make-up and Hair Stylist for Channel 7Mate and the Chiko Chick Search 2014. Working with models to achieve a natural sun kissed look, along side professional photographers, and a film and production crew was an insightful experience.
- While film and television styling requires a slightly different skill set, of which became apparent when I was creating the make-up and hair styling for the Queensland ABC television news readers crew.
- Most recently being the Hair and Make-up Stylist for "I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here" Germany Grand Final live to air show.
- Being an adviser for hairdressers doing the Redken photographic workshop around Australia on how to choose the right make-up artist for their photographic shoots and what to look out for when hiring a make-up artist.
- Being assistant manager for M.A.C Cosmetics here on the Gold Coast. I was part of their national body painting team – we travelled Australia wide doing many shows.
Life has been dotted with precious little gems, from judging ‘The Painted Dolls’ professional make-up competition at East Nightclub, to being involved with the make-up artistry for runway fashion parades with designer Alex Perry, whilst working at Napoleon Perdis as one of his Queensland academy trainers.
My professional experience has afforded me many opportunities to work with and be involved in editorial photo shoots with the Women’s Weekly Magazine, Gold Coast Lifestyle & Leisure magazine, 2Chillies Swimwear and Alope Fashion, with celebrities like Shelley Craft, Andrew Lofthouse, Jenny Woodward and Emily-Jade O’Keefe.
There are many great industry professionals that I admire and have most recently been afforded the opportunity to attend Sharon Blain’s Hair Styling Boot Camp. She has an incredible skill-set that has been gathered over 50 years in the hair styling industry. She has continually won awards both nationally and internationally throughout her career and it was a privilege to learn and be inspired by her latest collection of messy braids, bridal up-styles, stunning red carpet styles and hair styling for photographic shoots.
It is my aim to bring out the best in everyone’s features, to enhance their natural beauty and help them shine. My vision for the future is for each of us to realise that we are all beautiful in our own way.